Thursday, March 13, 2014

Antminer Arrives

Antminer U2
I tried posting this last night but was distracted by delicious Pad Thai and Les Revenants episodes.

After a not so long wait the Bitmain Antminer U2 is in!

Opening the envelope reveals a modest USB dongle in a nifty white plastic case. Very clean packaging with a spiffy magnet catch. Exposed circuitry on the back for the geeks and a simple black heat sink on the opposing side for the other geeks. No scratches and nothing apparently broken or burned out. Now to get cracking on some blocks!

First off, revive that old wallet...
Easier said than done.

My last attempts at mining left me with about 10 cents worth of Bitcoins, so the effort to unscramble the splattering of numbers and characters I left myself as notes to access said wallet was not worth it. I made a new wallet. Again
I went with BlockChain for no other reason than it was where my last one was. I must have done some amount of research before opening the original, so using it again didn't seem too harmful. I'm no BTC millionaire so if it get hacked or lost or whatever I'm no worse than I am loosing spare change.

After filling out text boxes and waiting for confirmation codes my new wallet is open. Next up, mining pools, mining software, and drivers. Still waiting on the Raspberry Pi.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: antminer s17 tutorial

    ReplyDelete